The National Digital Stewardship Alliance (NDSA) is a collaborative effort among government agencies, educational institutions, non-profit organizations and businesses to preserve a distributed national digital collection for the benefit of present and future generations. This wiki is used internally, by its working groups, to share information and facilitate collaboration.
Members of the Alliance pledge to work together to make a sustained contribution to digital stewardship action implemented through the working groups. There is no fee for membership; contribution is made though work. As of January 2016, NDSA is hosted by the Digital Library Federation.
Join with other organizations committed to the preservation of the nation's digital heritage to share expertise, tools and practices to benefit your local efforts while contributing to the stewardship of a grouping national collection of diverse digital content. You can express your organization's interest in membership at: http://ndsa.diglib.org/get-involved/
What do you want to work on? Express your interest or vote for new ideas at IdeaScale
- 1 Calendar
- 2 Current Projects
- 3 Completed Projects/Activities
- 4 Other Activities and Materials
Please see the public NDSA Calendar for a list of upcoming NDSA working and interest group conference calls and presentations at conferences and meetings. Related conferences are listed on the DLF Community Calendar.
- NDSA:Annual Innovation Awards: a committee of NDSA members solicits and reviews nominations to give out recognition awards to promote innovative work in the field.
- NDSA:Content Case Studies share compelling stories that demonstrate the value of digital preservation in our communities.
- NDSA:Content Interview Series on the Signal blog share stories of content being preserved by NDSA members.
- Journalism Digital News Archive to preserve news content originally produced in digital formats.
- NDSA briefings: present digital preservation projects and challenges that your organization is working through to the NDSA community. Contact working group chairs to present during one of the monthly Webinars.
- Digital Preservation WikiProject. This is the Signal blog post that talks about the project and links to the WikiProject page.
- NDSA:Staffing Survey
Cross-Working Group Projects
- NDSA:Outreach Toolkit (NDSA informational resources for presentations, reports, papers, etc.)
- NDSA:Digital Preservation in a Box
- Kickstarter Curated Pages
- NDSA:Organizational Outreach
- NDSA:Levels of preservation: Members are defining a brief set of guidelines on tiered levels of digital preservation.
- Insights Interview Blog Post Series: Members are interviewing people with experience interesting to but outside of the digital preservation field.
- Call for Technical Challenge!
- NDSA:Summer of code
- NDSA:Storage ping
Other Activities and Materials
Digital Preservation Meeting
- Digital Preservation 2014
- Digital Preservation 2016 was held November 9-10, in conjunction with the 2016 DLF Forum in Milwaukee, WI.