Return to NDSA:Outreach Working Group Home
Partner Outreach Toolkit
What is the NDSA?
The National Digital Stewardship Alliance is a collaborative effort among government agencies, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and business entities to preserve a distributed national digital collection for the benefit of generations now and in the future.
The mission of the National Digital Stewardship Alliance is to establish, maintain, and advance the capacity to preserve our nation’s digital resources for the benefit of present and future generations
NDSA Brochure, Nov. 2011 (pdf file)
Generic NDSA Slides
2014 National Agenda Support Materials
NDSA Report Information
NDSA reports should have a standard look and feel. Reports should be titled "XXXXXXXX: An NDSA Report" (as opposed to "white paper," "brief," "position paper," etc.
Generic Report Template (.doc file)
Sample released reports:
- "Issues in the Appraisal and Selection of Geospatial Data" .doc file version
- "Issues in the Appraisal and Selection of Geospatial Data" .pdf file version
All reports should be released in PDF/A format. However, the LC needs a regular PDF version of the report for their cataloging purposes. You are welcome to create the PDF/A version yourself, but as part of the publication workflow, please send both the final .doc file version and the PDF/A version to Butch Lazorchak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AIIM maintains a list of PDF/A compliant products if you need help finding software conversion tools. We can also try to assist at the Library.
We will utilize the Library of Congress' Handle system to apply persistent identifiers to each report. They have given us an early list of numbers we can use. Please contact Butch Lazorchak at email@example.com to get the Handle number for your report.
All NDSA reports be released under a Creative Commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ Attribution 3.0 Unported License].
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License graphics:
NDSA General Membership Information
NDSA Information Update Oct. 2011 (.doc file)
NDSA Partner Outreach Examples
State Library of North Carolina
- Website: Digital Preservation in NC State Government
- Pre-recorded WebJunction presentation: An Introduction to Digital Preservation
- Powerpoint/PDF presentations (2002-current, funded through an LSTA Statewide Leadership grant called "Access to State Government Information Initiative): http://digitalpreservation.ncdcr.gov/asgii/presentations.html
- Brochure (PDF): File:NCdigitalpreservation.pdf
University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Powerpoint presentations (PPT): File:Preservation WLIA2011 JStoltenberg.ppt