NDSA:Infrastructure Storage Survey
Resulting from the NDSA:Infrastructure Working Group’s work on NDSA:Qualitative Storage Questions the group decided to survey the membership to see what their practices were. The NDSA Infrastructure Survey, conducted between August 2011 and November 2011, received responses from 58 members of the 74 NDSA member organizations who are preserving digital content. The results of the survey were reported in a series of blog posts on The Signal, the Library of Congress Digital Preservation blog.
Survey Instrument and Data
- Survey Instrument: Word Document copy of the survey instrument
- Diversity of Access to Digital Preservation Collections; first results from the NDSA Storage Survey December 1st, 2011
- Partly Cloudy: Trends in Distributed and Remote Preservation Storage–More Results from the NDSA Storage Survey January 18th, 2012
- File Fixity and Digital Preservation Storage: More Results from the NDSA Storage Survey March 6th, 2012
- Prognosticating Digital Preservation Infrastructure: Final Results from the NDSA Storage Survey August 1st, 2012
- NDSA Preliminary Preservation Storage Survey Results presented by Corey Snavley and Trevor Owens at Designing Storage Architectures for Preservation Collections September 27-28, 2010
It would be worth considering re-running the survey in 2 or 3 years to track trends.