NDSA:Annual Innovation Awards
Annual Innovation Awards Activity Charter
One Sentence Description
The Annual Innovation NDSA:Awards were established by the National Digital Stewardship Alliance (NDSA) to recognize and encourage innovation in the field of digital preservation stewardship.
Point of Contact
To get involved in this work, contact Trevor Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of the Problem and Goals for Addressing the Problem
These awards highlight and commend creative individuals, projects, organizations, and future stewards demonstrating originality and excellence in their contributions to the field of digital preservation. The program is administered by a committee drawn from members of the NDSA Innovation Working Group.
Strategic Value of Activity
- The Annual Innovation Awards communicate the value of digital preservation work within the community and externally to stakeholders at member organizations and the larger world.
- These awards recognize and encourage innovation in the field of digital preservation stewardship.
- Time of working group members
- Working group member reviewers
- Secretariat: travel stipends for winners and certificates
1.By March 20th every year: Update the NDSA:nominations page at http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/working_groups/innovation.html
2. By April 1st every year: Call for nominations sent to NDSA_ALL listserv, announced on digitalpreservation.gov site, sent out via digitalpreservation.gov newsletter.
3.By May 15th every year: Close nominations
4.By May 15th every year: Finalize reviewers
5.By May 20th every year: Send reviewers nominations
6. By June 1st every year: Identify and announce winners and finalists (optional); contact and arrange travel and attendance with winners
7.At Digital Preservation meeting every year: Awards given to winners
Dissemination of Knowledge
- Call for nominations will be made via: NDSA_ALL listserv, digitalpreservation.gov website and newsletter.
- Announcements of finalists and winners will also be made via NDSA_ALL listserv, digitalpreservation.gov website and newsletter.
Signifiers of Success and Outcomes
- Each year that nominations are received and reviewed and appropriate awards are given is considered a success.
- Increased awareness of innovative digital preservation activity and continued innovation in digital preservation projects are the outcomes of the Annual Innovation Awards.