Committee for Equity and Inclusion
The DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion (CEI) aims to build and support more inclusive, diverse, and equitable practices for Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums (GLAM) organizations. The CEI meets year-round, with its work divided between providing support for DLF Events and serving as a community of practice. We aim to create a space where community members can share expertise, develop frameworks for inclusive practices, and produce knowledge and documentation to be made openly available. The CEI is led by the Admin Group, which facilitates the Committee's work through standing sub-groups and short-term projects.
Means of Communication
We use a Google Group and an annual running agenda document for organizing meeting details. Our meetings are held on Zoom. Monthly call information and agendas are in the Google Drive. To suggest new resources for the Reading Resource List, use this feedback form. For suggested edits to the wiki, email the google group.
CEI Admin Group
The work of the committee is overseen by multiple co-chairs within the CEI Admin Group.
- Inclusivity at the DLF Forum Subgroup
- EDIA Resources Subgroup
- Compiles lists of readings and resources on EDIA for community use. Previously know as the Reading / Resource List Subgroup
- Chair: Dan Noonan
- Wiki Subgroup
- Updates and organizes the CEI's Wiki, as well as develops and maintains Wiki documentation and style guidelines.
- Chair: Neel Agrawal
- Advocacy, Recruitment, and Leadership Programming Subgroup
- Develops strategies to support advocacy around DEI initiatives relating to recruitment/retention and other organizational activities.
- Inactive as of November 2022.
- GLAM Diversity Subgroup
- Identifies a spectrum of resources and activities designed to help begin and sustain organizational DEI development and growth.
- Authored a report on global DEI Efforts Across GLAM Organizations (2023).
- Inactive as of September 2023.
As an initiative-based working group, you can choose your level of activity by volunteering.
- If you want to follow or join the main CEI group, please join the Google Group. You are encouraged to attend the monthly meetings.
- If you want to join a subgroup, please visit the subgroup wiki pages listed above to learn more about the individual subgroups, and discover key contact information.
As you begin to become involved with the CEI, please review essential on-boarding information to help familiarize yourself with our key activities and administrative information.
- DLF Code of Conduct; Code of Conduct video
- DLF Social Event Checklist
- Facilitating for Diversity and Inclusion, DLF Organizers’ Toolkit
- Behind the Scenes in 2016
- 2016 Guide to Creating Accessible Presentations
- 2017 Creating Accessible Presentations Webinar
- 2018 Forum Moderator Training
- 2019 Forum & DigiPres Moderator Training
- 2019 Forum Active Bystander Orientation
- 2020 Creating Accessible and Interactive Online Presentations webinar and resources
- 2022 Creating Accessible In-Person Presentations resources (live webinar coming July 16, 2022)