2022.10.17 Digital Library Pedagogy Twitter Chat
With upcoming publication of the #DLFTeach Toolkit Volume #3, let’s talk reusable and sustainable teaching resources for digital pedagogy! We’ll discuss creating and reusing teaching resources like the DLFTeach toolkits -- how are you using them? Have you made any? What ones would you like to see? This conversation will be facilitated by Kayla Abner (@kayla_lib) and Amanda McCollum (@akmccollom) on Monday, October 17th, 11 AM PT/12 PM MT/1 PM CST/2 PM EST.
- Friday, October 7, 2022, 1:00 pm CST - October's #DLFTeach chat is around the corner! Join us 10-17 at 1pm CST for "Supporting and Sustaining Instruction," to discuss support materials for teaching digital assignments. Our co-hosts @kayla_lib and @akmccollom will facilitate this conversation.
- Friday, October 14, 2022, 1:00 pm CST - Have you checked out the #DLFTeach toolkits? https://dlfteach.pubpub.org/ Interested in how they help and how they're used? Join us 10-17 at 1pm CST for our #DLFTeach chat on digital pedagogy instruction support!
- Sunday, October 16, 2022, 1:00 pm CST - Join us tomorrow at 1:00 pm CST to discuss supporting materials and resources for teaching digital assignments for our October #DLFTeach chat. Share your favorite lesson plans and get ideas from others about rubrics, assignments, and more. #DLFTeach
- Monday, October 17th, 2022, 12:00 pm CST - In one hour, we will join @kayla_lib and @akmccollom to discuss "Supporting and Sustaining Instruction." Join us for an excellent conversation about resources and materials for digital instruction! #DLFTeach
- Monday, 1:00 pm CST - Hi and welcome! We’re about to start October's #DLFTeach chat, "Supporting and Sustaining Instruction" for digital assignments. We'll talk all things supplemental: toolkits, lesson plans, slides, assignments, rubrics, etc.
- Monday, 1:01 pm CST - Follow via the #DLFteach hashtag from your Twitter account. Questions will be tweeted at intervals during this hour from @CLIRDLF. When you tweet your responses from your account, use the hashtag & reference the question number (e.g., include "A1" when responding to Q1). Thanks!
- Monday, 1:02 pm CST - The Digital Library Pedagogy working group, affectionately called #DLFteach, is part of the Digital Library Federation (DLF). For today's event and all our work, we follow the DLF Code of Conduct: https://www.diglib.org/about/code-of-conduct/ Please follow this code of conduct as you participate.
- Monday, 1:03 pm CST - Let's get started! First, all participants and hosts, please introduce yourselves! #DLFteach
- Monday, 1:05 pm CST - Thank you for introducing yourselves and participating! Conversation questions will now be tweeted from the @CLIRDLF handle. Ready? Here we go! #DLFteach
- Monday, 1:06 pm CST - Q1: Share your favorite teaching resources for the digital classroom! Ones you’ve created or used in your teaching. #DLFTeach
- Monday, 1:16 pm CST - Q2: How do you use teaching resources, like toolkits, others’ lesson plans, or rubrics in your daily work? #DLFTeach
- Monday, 1:26 pm CST - Q3: What has been your experience developing sustainable and reusable teaching resources? Which elements of your teaching resources do you find are more scalable or reusable? #DLFTeach
- Monday, 1:36 pm CST - Q4: What types of assignments work well with reusable resources and toolkits? Which assignments need more revising and updating than others? #DLFTeach
- Monday, 1:46 pm CST - Q5 (last question): What are other ways you strive for sustainability in your teaching support? #DLFTeach
- Monday, 1:56 pm CST - Thanks for contributing to this #DLFTeach chat! Our final chat of 2022 will be in December. If you'd like to suggest a topic or co-host a twitter conversation, share your ideas here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc00xAPgoi_NxeS70FEJUD6lB3bbmQQANzKA0UTSbv2ZspO4A/viewform?usp=sharing
- Monday, 1:57 pm CST - Today's #DLFTeach conversation will be archived and posted to the DLF Wiki in the coming days. Look for links posted to https://wiki.diglib.org/2022.10.17_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- Monday, 1:58 pm CST - Get direct updates on upcoming chats and more by joining the #DLFTeach Google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dlf-pedagogy