2022.02.15 Digital Library Pedagogy Twitter Chat
Love Data Week: “Data Is” vs “Data Are”
Data is for everyone! Wait... data are for everyone? Either way, Love Data Week 2022 (Feb 14-18, 2022, #LoveData22) is about how different folks use data. If you haven't participated before, Love Data Week is the international celebration of data. This year we're focused on the people side of data. What does data look like in different disciplines? How about biases in data... who is "in" the data and who is invisible? We're looking forward to hearing about your events and activities answering these and other important questions. Join host Annalee Shelton (@annaleeshelton), Membership Experience Manager for ICPSR (@icpsr) to discuss what data looks like to you and how you engage with it. For full list of Love Data Week Events, see https://myumi.ch/ICPSRldw2022events.
This chat is Tuesday, February 15th at 11:00 am PT / 12:00 pm MT / 1:00 pm CST / 2:00 pm EST. Questions will be tweeted from the @CLIRDLF handle. Join in and follow by tweeting with and looking at the #DLFteach hashtag from your own account. Questions? Contact the #DLFteach coordinator. All are welcome!
- Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 1:00 pm CST - Our first #DLFTeach chat of 2022 will be Tuesday, 2/15 at 1:00 pm CST! We'll be participating in #LoveData22 looking at the people side of data. More info: https://wiki.diglib.org/2022.02.15_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 1:00 pm CST - In 1 week, talk "Data Is v. Data Are," our #DLFTeach chat for #LoveData22. @annaleeshelton (of @icpsr) will be leading this discussion on 2/15 at 1pm CST. All voices and experiences are welcome!
- Monday, February 14, 2022, 1:00 pm CST - It's Love Data Week! Tomorrow, join our #DLFTeach chat to commemorate #LoveData22 with @annaleeshelton and discuss what data looks like now and in the future for different disciplines.
- Tuesday, Feburary 15, 2022, 12:00 pm CST - In one hour (1p CST), we begin our 1st #DLFTeach of 2022 - "Data Is v. Data Are." Join in #LoveData22 and follow the #DLFteach hashtag! Info & questions: https://wiki.diglib.org/2022.02.15_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- Tuesday, 1:00 pm CST - Hi and welcome! We’re about to start today’s #DLFTeach chat for #LoveData22 with our co-host @annaleeshelton, membership experience manager of @icpsr.
- Tuesday, 1:01 pm CST - Follow via the #DLFteach hashtag from your Twitter account. Questions will be tweeted at intervals during this hour from @CLIRDLF. When you tweet your responses from your account, use the hashtag & reference the question number (e.g., include "A1" when responding to Q1). Thanks!
- Tuesday, 1:02 pm CST - The Digital Library Pedagogy working group, affectionately called #DLFteach, is part of the Digital Library Federation (DLF). For today's event and all our work, we follow the DLF Code of Conduct: https://www.diglib.org/about/code-of-conduct/ Please follow this code of conduct as you participate.
- Tuesday, 1:03 pm CST - Let's get started! First, all participants and hosts, please introduce yourselves! #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 1:05 pm CST - Thank you for introducing yourselves and participating! Conversation questions will now be tweeted from the @CLIRDLF handle. Ready? Here we go! #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 1:06 pm CST - Sound off! Do you say “data is” or “data are”? #DLFTeach
- Tuesday, 1:16 pm CST - What disciplines are you involved with? Examples might be sociology, political science, economics, etc? How do you interact with data in those disciplines? #DLFTeach
- Tuesday, 1:26 pm CST - Who is “in” the data you work with? Who is invisible? How do you know? #DLFTeach
- Tuesday, 1:36 pm CST - What do you think is in the future for data in your discipline? #DLFTeach
- Tuesday, 1:46 pm CST - What data resources are available at your institution that you wish more people knew about? #DLFTeach
- Tuesday, 1:56 pm CST - Thanks for contributing to this #DLFTeach chat! If you're interested in suggesting another topic or co-hosting another chat, fill this form out: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xhImGXPexHzns0CLMOKxA4s1nWVEO4cyc7Ail412F1I/viewform?edit_requested=true
- Tuesday, 1:57 pm CST - Today's #DLFTeach conversation will be archived and posted to the DLF Wiki in the coming days. Look for links posted to https://wiki.diglib.org/2022.02.15_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- Tuesday, 1:58 pm CST - Get direct updates on 2022 chats and more by joining the #DLFTeach Google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dlf-pedagogy