2021.10.18 Digital Library Pedagogy Twitter Chat
Equity and inclusion need to be a part of all components of a digital project - including the tools used. We want to learn how you are thinking about using different tools to promote inclusion and equity! "Using Equitable Tools in Digital Education" will be co-hosted by members of the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee of the Digital Scholarship Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries. The chat will be co-hosted by members Teresa Schultz, @tschultz0 (Chair, 2021-2023), Alexa Hight, @LexieCorn12, and Arianne Hartsell-Gundy, @hartsea. Join us at 1:00 PM CST on October 18, 2021, for this #DLFTeach Twitter chat.
- Monday, 10/4, 1:00 PM CST - Mark your calendars for the next #DLFTeach Twitter chat- "Using Equitable Tools in Digital Education," co-hosted by members of the @ACRL_DSS's Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee - @tschultz, @LexieCorn12, and @hartsea. Join us 10/18 at 1:00 PM CST!
- Monday, 10/11, 1:00 PM CST - One week from today, 10/18 at 1:00 PM CST, we will have our October #DLFTeach twitter chat on "Using Equitable Tools in Digital Education." Join us for a lively and fruitful discussion! Details at https://wiki.diglib.org/2021.10.18_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- Sunday, 10/17, 7:00 PM CST - Join us tomorrow for "Using Equitable Tools in Digital Education," our October #DLFTeach Twitter chat! Share your stories and hear from others. This chat is co-hosted by members of the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion committee of @ACRL_DSS - @tschultz0, @LexieCorn12, and @hartsea.
- Monday, 10/18, 12:00 PM CST - Our October #DLFTeach chat is in 1 hour! Join us to discuss "Using Equitable Tools in Digital Education." Contribute and/or follow with the #DLFTeach hashtag. Details at https://wiki.diglib.org/2021.10.18_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat.
- Monday, 1:00 pm CST - Hi and welcome! We’re about to start today’s #DLFTeach chat on equity, diversity, and inclusion in our digital pedagogy tools, co-hosted by members of @ACRL_DSS' EDI committee - @tschultz0, @LexieCorn12, and @hartsea.
- Monday, 1:01 pm CST - Follow via the #DLFteach hashtag from your Twitter account. Questions will be tweeted at intervals during this hour from @CLIRDLF. When you tweet your responses from your account, use the hashtag & reference the question number (e.g., include "A1" when responding to Q1). Thanks!
- Monday, 1:02 pm CST - The Digital Library Pedagogy working group, affectionately called #DLFteach, is part of the Digital Library Federation (DLF). For today's event and all our work, we follow the DLF Code of Conduct: https://www.diglib.org/about/code-of-conduct/. Please follow this code of conduct as you participate.
- Monday, 1:03 pm CST - Let's get started! First, all participants and hosts, please introduce yourselves! #DLFteach
- Monday, 1:05 pm CST - Thank you for introducing yourselves and participating! Conversation questions will now be tweeted from the @CLIRDLF handle. Ready? Here we go! #DLFteach
- Monday, 1:06 pm CST - Q1: Share a positive experience you’ve had with a digital tool that got inclusion right in some way. #DLFTeach
- Monday, 1:16 pm CST - Q2: What problematic experiences have you had with digital tools when it comes to equity and inclusion? Share how you discovered that issue. #DLFTeach
- Monday, 1:26 pm CST - Q3: What’s missing from digital tools that you would like to see to support inclusion and equity? #DLFTeach
- Monday, 1:36 pm CST - Q4: How do you talk to your students about equity and inclusion related to the tools you use in the classroom? #DLFTeach
- Monday, 1:46 pm CST - Q5 (Last question): How do you discover or evaluate digital tools with regards to inclusion and equity issues?
- Monday, 1:56 pm CST - Thanks to all who have contributed to this #DLFTeach chat. This conversation will be archived and posted to the DLF Wiki in the coming days. Look for links to that record at https://wiki.diglib.org/2021.10.18_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- Monday, 1:57 pm CST - Look for #DLFteach Twitter chats every other month! The last chat of the year is Tue, 12/14, 1:00pm CST. Get direct updates by joining our Google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dlf-pedagogy
- Monday, 1:59 pm CST - Learn more about #DLFteach, what we do, and how you can get involved - including co-hosting a Twitter chat like this one! https://wiki.diglib.org/Pedagogy