2016.07.12 Digital Library Pedagogy Twitter Chat
July 12, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern. Join in using the #DLFteach hashtag.
- Bethany Nowviskie’s Supporting Practice in Community, in which she asserts, “The first thing needed in many institutions is not another technology component to support, but a functioning social conduit to a broader, supportive culture that values digital library workers and the various communities they inhabit and are inspired by.”
- Welcome to #DLFteach chat!
- Tonight’s chat is hosted by members of the #DLFteach Resource Sharing & Professional Development Subgroup and facilitated by @lisalibrarian, @pmhswe, and @letsshall
- Follow along with the #DLFteach hashtag, & don’t forget to include it in your responses along with the Q number (e.g. Q1)
- #DLFteach questions will be tweeted from @CLIRDLF
- Ready? Here we go! #DLFteach
- First, please introduce yourself! #DLFteach
- Suggested reading for today’s chat is http://nowviskie.org/2015/practice-in-community by @nowviskie #DLFteach
- .@nowviskie suggests “renewal and expansion of expert practitioner communities is our most fundamental sustainability issue” #DLFteach
- Q1: What’s one example of a professional development experience that was valuable for you & why? #DLFteach
- Q2: How do you share the results of your learning with colleagues? #DLFteach
- Q3: What motivates you to seek out professional development? #DLFteach
- Q4: When you know you need/want to learn something, what’s your first step? Go-to resource? #DLFteach
- Q5: What professional development opportunity/resource do you wish you had? #DLFteach
- [if time allows] Q6: What are the most useful formats for shared resources (e.g., lesson plans, how-to's, lists of ideas, example projects)?
- [if time allows] Q7: How would you (or "do you?") benefit from a larger digital library pedagogy community of practice?
- [if time allows] Q8: Do you feel like you have the skills needed to teach digital literacies/digital library competencies?
- Thank you for participating in today’s / tonight’s #DLFteach chat!
- Don’t forget to join the Google Group to stay updated! More info at https://www.diglib.org/groups/digital-library-pedagogy #DLFteach