December 2nd Openlab Workshop - Small Group Meeting
Scope and purpose
December 2nd is a more traditional, sit-down-around-a-conference-table kind of workshop at the offices of the [Alliance of Museums]. The purpose of the December 2nd meeting is to sift through and digest inputs from the December 1st unconference/Ignite and facilitate a sustained discussion and debate about the scope and validity of the Openlab Concept.
This workshop is full and registration is closed - - but...
...we're going to run it as openly and transparently as possible.
We will be live-tweeting and (probably) wiki-casting this meeting
- We'll use the Chatham House Rule - - everything said can (and probably will) be repeated publicly, but comments can only be attributed to speakers with their permission
- Conversations will be tweeted and written on the wiki in real-time
- Please join us and participate virtually through Twitter at @OpenlabW and [https:twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23openlabworkshop&src=typd #openlabworkshop]
[File:twitter-Icon.png 48x48px link=http://twitter.com/openlabw]Twitter: @OpenlabW Hashtag: [https:twitter.com/search?q=%23openlabworkshop&src=typd #openlabworkshop] Special thanks to our Curators of Tweets @PoPinDC/@ExtrovertedMuse and @BergFulton
We are very grateful for the time and energy of our workshop participants - - thank you!
- Piotr Adamczyk*
- Nik Apostolides, United States Capitol, Visitor Center, []
- Sheila A. Brennan, Associate Director, Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media, []
- Michael Peter Edson*, CLIR, Open Knowledge, Smithsonian, []
- Miguel Figueroa, Center for the Future of Libraries, American Library Association, []
- Rachel L Frick, Director, Business Development DPLA, []
- Beth Harris, Smarthistory, []
- Charles Henry, President, CLIR, http://www.clir.org/about/henry.html
- Nate Hill, Metropolitan New York Library Council, []
- Jeffrey Inscho, Innovation Studio, Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, []
- Max Kaiser, Head of Research and Development, Austrian National Library / Europeana, []
- Ann Lawless, Executive Director, American Precision Museum Sharon M. Leon, Director of Public Projects, Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media, []
- Laura Lott, President and CEO, American Alliance of Museums, []
- Dennis Meissner, Deputy Director-Programs, Minnesota Historical Society, []
- Elizabeth Merritt, VP Strategic Foresight & Director, Center for the Future of Museums; American Alliance of Museums, []
- Leo Mullen, CEO, NavigationArts; Vice President for Strategic Solutions, EPAM Systems, http://www.navigationarts.com/our-company/leadership
- Bethany Nowviskie, Director, Digital Library Federation at CLIR and Research Associate Professor of Digital Humanities, UVa, []
- Adrianne Russell, @adriannerussell, https:adriannerussell.wordpress.com/
- John Russick, Vice President for Interpretation and Education, Chicago History Museum and President, Society of American Archivists, []
- Rebecca Stavick, Executive Director, Do Space, []
- Kate Theimer, ArchivesNext, []
- Bonnie Tijerina, Researcher, Data & Society, []
- Jeff Ubois, MacArthur Foundation, []
- Ben Vershbow, Director, NYPL Labs, []
- Donald J. Waters, Senior Program Officer at The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, https://mellon.org/about/staff/donald-j-waters/
- Steven Zucker, Smarthistory, []
* Many of you know Piotr through his work at the Google Cultural Institute, but he will be participating as a private citizen * Michael will be the moderator of the workshop; he is participating in his capacity as a fellow at CLIR.
File:Openlabworkshop/Logo neh 50 logo 2color.jpg File:Openlabworkshop/LogoAlliance logo FullColorOnWhite.jpg File:Openlabworkshop/LogoAAM Sub-Brand2 File:Openlabworkshop/Logo ala stacked.jpg File:Openlabworkshop/logo DPLA.png File:Openlabworkshop/DLF Logo.png File:Openlabworkshop/EU basic logo landscape black.png File:Openlabworkshop/Logo-CapVisCntr c.png