DLF Project Managers Group
The DLF Project Managers group is an informal community within the larger DLF community. The group provides a forum for sharing project management methodologies and tools, alongside broader discussions that consider issues such as portfolio management and cross-organizational communication. The group also looks to keep pace with the dynamic digital library landscape, by bringing new and evolving project management practices to the attention and mutual benefit of our colleagues.
The Digital Library Federation Project Managers Group (DLF PMG) was formed in 2008 to acknowledge the intersection of the disciplines of project management and library technology. Past meeting presentations and notes 2008-2019 are available on the DLF website and listed below.
Project Management Toolkit
The DLF Project Managers Toolkit is a collaborative project, based on contributions by members of DLF PMG and the public. The Toolkit offers crowdsourced information, tips, techniques, and tools for project managers working in or with digital libraries. First initiated as a Google doc by Jennifer Vinopal at New York University in February 2013, the toolkit has grown and evolved over the years as a living document to share experiences and link out to resources.
To contribute to the Project Managers Toolkit login at the top right of the page, then select the Edit tab. If you are a first-time contributor, select ‘create account’ at the top right of the page and send a request to email@example.com to get access to edit pages, add links, or share documentation. (We had to add in this step because the bots were getting us.) Then add your name to the Contributors List.
DLF PMG Terms of Reference
DLF Project Managers Group is coordinated by the DLF PMG Steering Committee, which any member of the group may join. The Steering Committee follows the DLF PMG Terms of Reference in managing the group.
1. Join the DLF PMG listserv open to anyone interested in digital library project management.
2. Contribute to the DLF Project Managers Toolkit. See instructions in the section above.
3. Attend the Project Managers Working Meeting at the DLF Forum each year, where members of the group discuss various needs and topics and work to identify ways to support them. The past years programs are listed below.
4. Join the DLF-PM Steering Committee. The steering committee meets online throughout the year to work on projects and organizes the annual forum working breakfast/lunch session. Anyone is welcome to join throughout the year. Email the Chair for more information or to join future meetings.
5. Participate in the DLF Project Managers Toolkit #DLF-PMG_Discussions_and_webinars. To volunteer to moderate a discussion or suggest a topic, email the Chair of the steering committee.
2021-2022 Steering Committee
- Todd Digby, University of Florida, Chair
- Krystal Thomas, Florida State University
- Allyssa Guzman, University of Texas at Austin
- Jenifer Ishee, Connecticut College
- Anu Paul, Yale University
- Becky Thoms, Utah State University
- Cynthia York, Johns Hopkins University
- Robin C. Pike, University of Maryland, College Park
- Shilpa Rele
- Todd Digby, University of Florida, Chair
- DLF PMG 2021 Shared Notes
- DLF PMG 2020 Shared Notes
- DLF 2019, PMG Meeting, Tampa, Florida / / DLF PMG 2019 Shared Notes
- DLF 2018, PMG Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada / / DLF PMG 2018 Shared Notes
- DLF 2017, PMG Meeting, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania / DLF PMG 2017 Shared Notes
- DLF 2016, PMG Meeting, Milwaukee, Wisconsin / DLF PMG 2016 Shared Notes
- DLF 2015, PMG Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada / DLF PMG 2015 Shared Notes
- DLF 2014, PMG Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, October 28, 2014 / DLF PMG 2014 Shared Notes
- DLF 2013, Post-Conference PMG Meeting, Austin, Texas, November 7, 2013 / DLF PMG 2013 Shared Notes
- DLF 2012, Pre-Conference PMG Meeting, Denver, Colorado, November 3, 2012 / DLF PMG 2012 Shared Notes
- DLF 2011, Post-Conference PMG Meeting, DLF 2011, Baltimore, Maryland, November 2, 2011 / DLF PMG 2011 Shared Notes
- DLF Fall Forum 2010, Pre-Conference PMG Meeting, Palo Alto, California, November 1, 2010 / DLF PMG Fall 2010 Presentations
- DLF Fall Forum 2009, PMG Meeting, Long Beach, California, November 12, 2009 / DLF PMG Fall 2009 Shared Notes
- DLF Spring Forum 2009, Pre-Conference PMG Meeting, Raleigh, North Carolina, May 4, 2009
- DLF Fall Forum 2008, Post-Conference PMG Meeting, Providence, Rhode Island, November 14, 2008