DLF Project Managers Group
The Digital Library Federation Project Managers Group (DLF PMG) was formed in 2008 to acknowledge the intersection of the disciplines of project management and library technology. The group provides a forum for sharing project management methodologies and tools, alongside broader discussions that consider issues such as portfolio management and cross-organizational communication. The group also looks to keep pace with the dynamic digital library landscape, by bringing new and evolving project management practices to the attention and mutual benefit of our colleagues.
Past meeting presentations and notes are available on the DLF website.
Crowdsourced Project Management Toolkit
The DLF Project Managers Toolkit is a collaborative project, based off contributions by members of DLF PMG. The Toolkit offers crowdsourced information, tips, techniques, and tools for project managers working in or with digital libraries. First initiated as a Google doc by Jennifer Vinopal at New York University in February 2013, the toolkit has grown and evolved over the years as a living document to share experiences and link out to resources.
- Attend the Project Managers Working Lunch at the DLF Forum each year, where members of the group discuss various needs and topics, and work to identify ways to support them.
- Past meeting presentations and notes
- (link forthcoming) 2017 Project Managers Working Lunch notes
- Join the DLF PMG listserv open to anyone interested in digital library project management.
- Contribute to the Project Managers Toolkit. Simply, create an account and edit the pages to add links or share documentation.