2020.08.18 Digital Library Pedagogy Twitter Chat
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Finding, cultivating, & nurturing collaborations with partners outside of libraries"
Partnerships and collaborations that span an institution can be tricky to create and nurture. Let’s talk about why we partner with others, who we partner with, and how we do it. Encouraged: Bring a friend or partners from outside the library to this Twitter chat. Co-hosts are Anne Cong-Huyen (@anitaconchita) and Joe Bauer (@joebauer) of the University of Michigan.
This chat is at 2 p.m. Eastern on August 18, 2020. Questions will be tweeted from the @CLIRDLF handle. Join in and follow by tweeting with and looking at the #DLFteach hashtag. Questions? Contact the #DLFteach coordinator. All are welcome!
- Tuesday, August 11, 3:00 p.m. Join us for the next #DLFteach Twitter chat: "Finding, cultivating, & nurturing collaborations with partners outside of libraries." Talk about this with hosts @anitaconchita & @joebauer Tuesday, August 18, at 2 pm ET! Find details here: https://wiki.diglib.org/2020.08.18_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- Monday, August 17, 10:00 a.m. Discuss collaborating with partners outside the library at the next #DLFteach Twitter chat tomorrow 8/18 at 2 pm Eastern. All are welcome! Details + questions at: https://wiki.diglib.org/2020.08.18_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- Tuesday, August 18, 1:00 p.m. In one hour (at 2 pm ET), converse with us in our #DLFteach Twitter chat! We're talking about "Finding, cultivating, & nurturing collaborations with partners outside of libraries." Contribute and/or follow via the #DLFteach hashtag! Info & questions at https://wiki.diglib.org/2020.04.22_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- Tuesday, 2:00 p.m. Welcome to this bimonthly #DLFteach Twitter chat on "Finding, cultivating, & nurturing collaborations with partners outside of libraries” Co-hosts are Anne Cong-Huyen (@anitaconchita) and Joe Bauer (@joebauer)
- Tuesday, 2:01 p.m. Questions will be tweeted from @CLIRDLF. Please tweet and follow via the #DLFteach hashtag. Be sure to include both the hashtag and the question number (e.g., include "A2" when responding to Q2) when you tweet responses. Thank you!
- Tuesday, 2:02 p.m. Let's get started! First, participants and hosts: introduce yourselves! #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:06 p.m. Q1: Tell us your collaboration origin stories! Who are you collaborating with? Maybe even tag your partner. (We’ll start.) #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:14 p.m. Q2: How do you find partners and collaborators outside of your department? How are you making new connections in the current moment, where accidental meet-cutes can’t happen as easily. #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:22 p.m. Q3: Why tho??? (What the benefits? Why are you doing it?) #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:30 p.m. Q4: How are you staying connected with your collaborators? How have you had to adapt your methods to sustain your relationships. #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:38 p.m. Q5: What are some of the challenges of collaborating with folx outside your unit/department/organization? (We’ll give some examples to start) And how do you overcome them or work around them? #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:46 p.m. Q6 (last one): What are some words of wisdom you’d like to share with folx interested in finding collaborators or working with people outside their units. #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:57 p.m. Thank you for participating in this #DLFteach chat! We will archive the conversation and post it on the #DLFteach wiki, so check here for the record in the next few days: https://wiki.diglib.org/2020.04.22_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- Tuesday, 2:58 p.m. To learn more about #DLFteach, what we do, and how you can get involved, go here: https://wiki.diglib.org/Pedagogy
- Tuesday, 2:59 p.m. Want to stay updated on what's going on? Join our #DLFteach Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dlf-pedagogy
- Tuesday, 3:00 p.m. Look for #DLFteach Twitter chats every other month from the @CLIRDLF handle! Save the date for our next #DFLteach Twitter Chat on October 20, at 8 pm Eastern / 7 pm Central! See the schedule for more information: https://wiki.diglib.org/Pedagogy:Outreach:Twitter
Will be added after the chat.