Strategies for Advancing Hidden Collections
We understand that the six webinars included in the Strategies for Advancing Hidden Collections (SAHC) series only scratch the surface on the issues faced by those dealing with processing Hidden Collections. We hope that the resources assembled below will provide useful information to achieve your project processing goals, supplementing the content of the webinar series.
The below resources have been compiled by a group of experts in the GLAM (Gallery, Library, Archives, Museum) community. We have done our best to present a wide range of solutions and suggestions for a variety of collecting organizations.
Joy M. Banks, Project Coordinator and Consultant
- Angela Kipp, Collection Manager, TECHNOSEUM and Administrator, Registrar Trek
- Rosemary Pleva Flynn, Principal Librarian, Library and Information Services Team Lead, Energy and Environmental Research Center (EERC) at the University of North Dakota
- Sarah Leu, Project Archivist, Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- Beth Knazook, Library Juice Academy and Queen's University
- Jessica Bitely, Director of Preservation Services, Northeast Document Conservation Center (NEDCC)
- Yvonne Ng, Senior Archivist, WITNESS
- Ellen Ryan, Head of Special Collections and Archives and Assistant Professor, Idaho State University
- Stephanie Gaub Antequino, Memorabilia Archivist, Planet Hollywood International
- Casey Davis, Project Manager, American Archive of Public Broadcasting
- Tamar Evangelista-Dougherty, Consultant
- Linda Hocking, Curator of Library and Archives, Litchfield Historical Society
- Daniel Johnson, Digital Preservation Librarian, University of Iowa
- Holly Mengel, Manuscripts Cataloging Librarian, University of Pennsylvania
- Matthew Peek, Military Collections Archivist, State Archives of North Carolina
- Kelly Revak, Processing Archivist, Library of Congress
If you have any suggestions for resources that would be appropriate additions the this resources library, please let us know.
Where to begin: Basics of project planning for GLAM organizations
The resources in this section will help lay the foundation for successful project planning and management.
The webinar recording can be accessed here when available.
- CLIR 2010 Hidden Collections Symposium
- CLIR 2015 Hidden Collections Symposium & Unconference
- CLIR Hidden Collections Registry
- WebJunction Planning & Coordination Topic Page
- Connecting to Collections Care Resources
Selecting the best collection management system
Note: Some of these resources may be dated but can still contain useful information. SEE ALSO