Inclusivity at the DLF Forum Subgroup
To advise on inclusivity initiatives for the DLF Forum as part of the Community Committee. Develop and update the Bystander Training, Code of Conduct, and Accessible Presentations documentation.
As of August 2020, the "inclusivity at the DLF forum" subgroup is/will be working on the following items:
- Creating an updated webinar on how to create accessible and interactive presentations online. The current resource is from Sept. 2017 and can be found at http://forum2017.diglib.org/presentations-webinar/
- Update the code of conduct for 2020 online format
- Develop some support information on inclusive discussions.
- Revisit Active Bystander Orientation for 2020: (either webinar or in-person at DLF forum). Existing resources from 2019 can be found at https://forum2019.diglib.org/active-bystander-orientation/
from the old March 2020 list
- Revisit social events checklist: https://www.diglib.org/dlf-events/dlf-social-event-checklist/
- Investigate services for providing live closed-captioning at DLF plenary sessions.
Contact Aliya Reich email@example.com for more information.
Our 2016-2018 Forum Inclusivity Committees were made up of volunteers who have thoughtfully and collaboratively implemented initiatives, including:
- Expanding and updating DLF’s Code of Conduct
- Reviewing the conference registration form to ensure that registrants have the opportunity to provide us with accommodation requests, preferred pronouns, dietary restrictions, etc.
- Serving in intentional “connector” roles to our many other Forum planning groups (from the social and local planning committees to the program and sponsorship committees), to ensure that the spirit of inclusivity touches every aspect of Forum planning
- Helping to arrange DLF Forum childcare services
- Serving as a helpful sounding-board for DLF staff who are working to organize the Forum, and assisting with other projects, large and small
Back to main CEI page.