GLAM Diversity Subgroup
We define diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) activities in the context of gallery, library, archive, and museum (GLAM) institutions as efforts to address issues of anti-racism, diversity, equity and inclusion across all of the organization’s activities. These activities include:
- Internal operations, e.g. staffing activities (hiring, promotion, retention, etc.)
- Strategic activities, e.g. mission, vision, strategy, and sustainability
- Functional areas, such as:
- collection development
- special collections and archives
- metadata creation/management and cataloging
- library based publishing
- research data management programs
- access services
- digital scholarship
Recognizing that GLAMs are at various stages of this work and that it is an ongoing component of organizational development and growth, the GLAM DEI subgroup will identify a spectrum of resources and activities designed to help begin and sustain these efforts. The GLAM DEI subgroup will focus on assembling resources and tools that organizations and individuals can use in designing, implementing, and assessing efforts to achieve greater levels of diversity, equity, and racial and ethnic justice across an organization.
Outputs of this group could include:
- Annotated bibliographies documenting initiatives and outcomes
- Resource guides of organizations and consultants
- Events/mechanisms by which peer organizations could partner to support each other and provide constructive/critical feedback.
Back to main CEI page.