Committee for Equity and Inclusion
The DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion (CEI) aims to build and support more inclusive, diverse, and equitable practices for Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums (GLAM) organizations. The CEI meets year-round, with its work divided between providing support for DLF Events and serving as a community of practice. We aim to create a space where community members can share expertise, develop frameworks for inclusive practices, and produce knowledge and documentation to be made openly available.
The CEI is composed of both standing sub-groups and short-term project groups. Standing sub-groups focus on broader diversity issues within GLAM. Project groups respond to the immediate needs of the forum or to meet more exigent requests from the community (webinars, toolkits, or other resources). The main efforts of the CEI are typically scheduled around the Forum, with work concentrated in the spring through fall (with Forum taking place in the fall). New member orientation and project planning typically takes place during the rest of the year.
Means of Communication
We use a Google Group and an annual running agenda document for organizing meeting details. Our meetings are held on Zoom. Monthly call information + agendas are in the Google Drive. To suggest new resources for the Reading Resource List, use this feedback form. For suggested edits to the wiki, email the google group.
The work of the committee is overseen by multiple co-chairs within the Admin Group. 2021 Co-Chairs:
- Jasmine Clark (awesome overlord of the committee)
- Lisa Schiff
- Neel Agrawal
- Debbie Krahmer
There are currently six subgroups within the committee:
- Advocacy, Recruitment, + Leadership Programming Subgroup (to plan programming around advocating for equity & inclusion initiatives, recruitment, & leadership within your organization)
- GLAM DEI Subgroup
- GLAM Inclusivity Survey Subgroup (meets as needed for surveys)
- Inclusivity at the DLF Forum Subgroup (to advise on inclusivity initiatives for the DLF Forum as part of the Community Committee)
- Reading / Resource List Subgroup (to compile a list of readings & resources on DEI for community use)
- Wiki Subgroup (updating and organizing the Wiki)
- Wiki Documentation Guidelines
As an initiative-based working group, you can choose your level of activity by volunteering.
- If you want to follow or join the main CEI group, please join the Google Group. You are encouraged to attend the monthly meetings.
- If you want to join a subgroup, please contact their respective chairs.
- For specific CEI activities, please visit the Subgroup pages.
- DLF Code of Conduct; Code of Conduct video
- DLF Social Event Checklist
- Facilitating for Diversity and Inclusion, DLF Organizers’ Toolkit
- Behind the Scenes in 2016
- 2016 Guide to Creating Accessible Presentations
- 2017 Creating Accessible Presentations Webinar
- 2018 Forum Moderator Training
- 2019 Forum & DigiPres Moderator Training
- 2019 Forum Active Bystander Orientation
- 2020 Creating Accessible and Interactive Online Presentations webinar and resources