2019.09.17 Digital Library Pedagogy Twitter Chat
For this #DLFteach Twitter chat, we’ll be discussing tools and techniques for evaluating digital scholarship created in the classroom. This chat is hosted by Mackenzie Brooks (@mackymoo) and Elizabeth Gibes (@eagibes). The chat will take place at 2:00 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday, September 17, 2019. Join in using the #DLFteach hashtag!
- Monday, 10:00 a.m. Join us tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. ET for our next #DLFteach chat, focused on evaluating digital scholarship created in the classroom. Details at: https://wiki.diglib.org/2019.09.17_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- Tuesday, 1:00 p.m. In one hour (at 2:00 p.m. ET), join us for our next #DLFteach chat, focused on evaluating digital scholarship created in the classroom. Details at: https://wiki.diglib.org/2019.09.17_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- Tuesday, 2:00 p.m. Welcome! This #DLFteach chat is hosted by Mackenzie Brooks (@mackymoo) and Elizabeth Gibes (@eagibes)
- Tuesday, 2:01 p.m. Follow along with the #DLFteach hashtag, and don’t forget to include it in your responses along with the question number, e.g. Q1.
- Tuesday, 2:02 p.m. This #DLFteach chat is about data in the classroom, exploring how people are supporting digital project assignments and their approach to supporting students’ data needs.
- Tuesday, 2:03 p.m. Questions will be Tweeted from @CLIRDLF. Ready? Here we go! #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:03 p.m. First, introduce yourself! #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:06 p.m. Q1: What have you found to be the challenges to evaluating digital scholarship projects created by students? #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:15 p.m. Q2: How do students respond to evaluation of their digital scholarship projects? #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:24 p.m. Q3: Have you used an alternative grading system such as Contract Grading or Specifications Grading or Ungrading? How did it go? What was useful (or not) about the system you tried? #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:35 p.m. Q4: How do you accommodate and honor process or even failure in your evaluation of student-created digital scholarship? #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:45 p.m. Q5: Show us your rubrics! Have you created an evaluation tool you’d be willing to share? Or is there a resource you use regularly to help you design yours? #DLFteach
- Tuesday, 2:55 p.m. Thank you for participating in this #DLFteach chat!
- Tuesday, 2:56 p.m. Learn more about #DLFteach, what we do, and how you can get involved! https://wiki.diglib.org/Pedagogy
- Tuesday, 2:57 p.m. Do you have an idea for a #DLFteach twitter chat? Sign up to be a host! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc00xAPgoi_NxeS70FEJUD6lB3bbmQQANzKA0UTSbv2ZspO4A/viewform
- Tuesday, 2:59 p.m. We also host #DLFteach office hours on Slack, for feedback, discussion, and chatting with colleagues. For more info, check out @letsshall’s description on the DLF blog. https://www.diglib.org/dlfteach-slack-channel-office-hours
- Tuesday, 3:00 p.m. Don’t forget to join our Google Group to stay updated! #DLFteach https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dlf-pedagogy