2019.05.21 Digital Library Pedagogy Twitter Chat
For this session of #DLFteach, we’re teaming up with the DLF Technologies of Surveillance WG (aka #panoptitech) to chat about how you're teaching online privacy and security and how you hope to. Chelcie Rowell, Yasmeen Shorish, and Paige Walker will facilitate (@ararebit and @yasmeen_azadi and @paginator_ on Twitter). The chat will take place at 2:00 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday, May 21, 2019. Join in using the #DLFteach hashtag.
- What’s our role in equipping patrons to make informed choices about what information they reveal in online spaces?
- What shape has instruction and outreach related to online privacy and security taken in your work so far? What shape do you hope it will take in the future?
- What questions and worries are you hearing about privacy and security from your patrons, colleagues, friends, and family?
- What do you want people to know about online privacy and security so they have more agency over what info they share?
- What can these DLF working groups do to assist institutions and individuals with instruction and outreach regarding privacy and security?
- TAGS spreadsheet
- Wakelet story