2018.11.13 Digital Library Pedagogy Twitter Chat
Jump to navigation Jump to search
We're joining forces with the DLF Digital Scholarship Working Group to host a chat about teaching digital humanities. This chat will take place at 8:00 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday, November 13, 2018. Join in using the #DLFteach hashtag.
- Join us tomorrow at 8:00 p.m. Eastern for our next #DLFteach chat co-hosted with the DLF Digital Scholarship Working Group and focused on teaching digital scholarship. Details on our wiki! (drawing by @laurabrodrick of Think Big Picture) https://wiki.diglib.org/2018.11.13_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- In one hour (at 8:00 p.m. Eastern), join us for our next #DLFteach chat, co-hosted with Digital Scholarship Working Group and focused on teaching digital scholarship. Details on our wiki! Details on our wiki! (drawing by @laurabrodrick of Think Big Picture) https://wiki.diglib.org/2018.11.13_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat
- Welcome! This #DLFteach and #DLFds chat is hosted by @eagibes, @elotroalex, @kshpatel, and @leigh_bonds
- Follow along with the #DLFteach and #DLFds hashtags, and don’t forget to include it in your responses along with the question number, e.g. Q1.
- At the last #DLFteach chat, we talked about how and where we teach data viz. This time we’ll be discussing the challenges and techniques around teaching digital scholarship with the #DLFds community.
- Questions will be tweeted from @CLIRDLF. Ready? Here we go! #DLFteach #DLFds
- First, introduce yourself! #DLFteach #DLFds
- Q1 What’s your best strategy for giving an overview or introduction to digital humanities or digital scholarship to classes or student groups? #DLFteach #DLFds
- Q2 What’s your best tip or trick to teach a specific digital scholarship method (e.g. TEI, text analysis, exhibit building, data analysis)? #DLFteach #DLFds
- Q3 How do you tailor instruction to specific disciplines (or not)? #DLFteach #DLFds
- Q4 In your experience, have open workshops (on practices, tools, methods, or specific topics) been effective? Why or why not? #DLFteach #DLFds
- Q5 What kind of community and support infrastructures for digital scholarship or digital humanities (from HR to centers to programs to people) exist on your campuses or in your institutions? #DLFteach #DLFds
- Thank you for participating in this #DLFteach and #DLFds chat!
- Learn more about #DLFTeach, what we do, and how you can get involved. https://wiki.diglib.org/Pedagogy
- You can also get involved with #DLFds and their work. https://wiki.diglib.org/Digital_Scholarship_Working_Group
- Join the #DLFteach email list! https://groups.google.com/d/forum/dlf-pedagogy
- ...and the #DLDds email list! https://groups.google.com/d/forum/dlf-dswg
- That’s a wrap on tonight’s #DLFteach chat! The next #DLFTeach chat will be in January—stay tuned for the exact date. And #DLFds will be hosting their own Twitter chat on 12/10 at 3:00 pm Eastern. Please join!
- TAGS spreadsheet
- Wakelet story