2018.05.08 Digital Library Pedagogy Twitter Chat
Jump to navigation Jump to search
May 8, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern. Join in using the #DLFteach hashtag.
- Welcome! This #DLFteach chat is hosted by @eagibes @ararebit & @letsshall
- Follow along with the #DLFteach hashtag, and don’t forget to include it in your responses along with the question number, e.g. Q1.
- For this session of #DLFteach, we’re interested in your biggest successes and failures in the classroom. What works, what doesn’t when it comes to digital library instruction.
- Questions will be Tweeted from @CLIRDLF. Ready? Here we go! #DLFteach
- First, introduce yourself! #DLFteach
- Q1: What was the best “nailed it” lesson plan for you? What worked so well? #DLFteach
- Q2: What was your biggest “failed it” moment? It’s okay to share! We’ve all been there. #DLFteach
- Q3: When planning for the classroom, what is most essential for you to include in a lesson plan? E.g. tool instructions, discussion questions, example archival docs? #DLFteach
- Q4: If you could do your worst class again, what advice would you give yourself? #DLFteach
- Q5: What are some elements of a good faculty/librarian collaboration that leads to a successful lesson plan? #DLFteach
- Q6: How do you measure success? #DLFteach
- Thank you for participating in this #DLFteach chat!
- Learn more about #DLFTeach, what we do, and how you can get involved! https://wiki.diglib.org/Pedagogy
- Did today’s conversation get you wanting to share more about your teaching? Consider contributing to the Digital Library Pedagogy Cookbook! Here's the CFP. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZXM52sb5CGkmRmNiGRt2m33YfqAJHpbX183p5yXKosw/edit?usp=sharing [Note: Use short link when tweeting; our URL shortener is blacklisted on the wiki.]
- We also host #DLFteach office hours on Slack, for feedback, discussion, and chatting with colleagues. For more info, check out @letsshall’s description on the DLF blog. https://www.diglib.org/dlfteach-slack-channel-office-hours
- Don’t forget to join our Google Group to stay updated! #DLFteach https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dlf-pedagogy